By Katy Tripses
A recent article that appeared in Forbes Magazine stated, “86% of [YAYAs] believe business will have at least as much potential as government to meet society’s challenges”. With this in mind, more businesses are beginning to embrace social responsibility as a main practice when attracting YAYAs as both employees and customers. Aspen Heights’ new student living area is one example of how a business can take action.
Aspen Heights recently moved to Columbia, where it established a housing complex for college students with all the corner stone amenities of a modern college living area including a pool, bus to campus, and a movie viewing area. It has been created to give college students the best living experience possible. But, while residents are enjoying the good life, they are also contributing to a good cause.
Through a program set up by Aspen Heights, known as “House for a Home”, a portion of each student’s rent is donated to help those living in “abject poverty” in Africa. The program provides housing and educational opportunities for African children, who otherwise would have nothing. Students also have the opportunity to become more involved with the global initiative by donating tips in addition to their regular monthly rent, as well as joining trips to Africa to see the work being done firsthand.
It’s clear the Aspen Heights of the world are a fast-growing business concept. Aspen Heights’ newest edition in Columbia makes for its eleventh location since starting in 2007. Companies like these make it easy for YAYAs to feel as though they’re contributing to the greater good. Does your business have a social responsibility policy?
- 5 Reasons You Don’t Want Millennials to Drop the Phone
- Convenient or Creepy? -- Personalized Marketing and Privacy
- Time For A Change: YAYA Charitable Giving
- Zombies are an epidemic on social media. And they are going after Millennials
- You Were Born When?!
How Politicians Can Connect with YAYAs
- YAYAs Conserve Water Thanks to AXE's "Showerpooling" Campaign
- Everything Brands Need To Know About Using the New Facebook Timeline to Target Gen Y
- Dear Grocery Stores, WAKE UP!
- Tips To How Companies Should Use Social Media
- Make YAYAs trust you, or you will not survive.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 26th, 2012 at 12:46 pm
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.