By: Katie Martins, PR/Newsletter Editor
According to a survey conducted by BUZZMEDIA Labs in partnership with Research Now, 40% of consumers, ages 18-24-years-old, responded having more than 21 apps on their mobile device. Whether it’s games, social networking, entertainment or productivity apps, the Youth and Young Adult (YAYA) market use their phones for much more than just calling and texting.
YAYA Connection is currently researching millennial habits and trends when it comes to dining out and social media sharing with friends. Before any millennial foodie can snap a picture of their dinner to share of Instagram, they conduct a search to find a great place or deal to satisfy their appetite.
Here are five free mobile apps that are available across different mobile devices and have earned a high ranking among young, deal seeking food enthusiasts:
“Find the best businesses around you, save money by discovering nearby deals, and share your experiences with Tips, Check-ins, and Photos.”
“You can lock down neighborhood, business, and/or price range to narrow the results.”
“Discover and learn about great places nearby, search for what you’re craving, and get deals and tips along the way.”
“Find a new favorite place on the go. Deals to buy and use today.”
“The first personal search engine based on your unique tastes, preferences and personality.”
According to an article from QSR Web, “32 percent of Millennials look at restaurant menus online via a smartphone. For an expanded lists of top restaurant apps check out this infographic presented by pizzamarketplace.com, fastcauseual.com and qsrweb.com.
If you haven’t already, check out your company or brand on these apps. See what competitors are doing, take into consideration consumer reviews, and develop a unique strategy to utilize for your brand.
- Soulard Mardi Gras: There’s an App For That!
- Millennials Exploring Wine Through Phones
- Ever Wish You Could Erase That Picture You Sent? Now You Can!
- Five Companies Creatively Marketing with Vine
- 3 Cause Marketing Strategies Millennials Can’t Ignore
- Code Switching, What Marketers Should Know About Millennials
- 3 Ways Companies Use TV Shows to Market to Millennials
- What Facebook's Newsfeed Means for Marketers and Millennials
- Four Brands Utilizing Millennial Engagement on Tumblr
- Tips To How Companies Should Use Social Media
This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 9th, 2013 at 11:18 am
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.